Thursday 27 May 2010

Kid's Craft Idea - Robot

I just wanted to share this because I think it’s a great craft idea for a rainy day:

kids craft idea robot

This is my eldest boy’s Spider Robot. He actually made the robot at school when they held a robot themed week, but the painting and decorations were added at home. Of course, he wanted to decorate it based on Spiderman so we painted him with red poster paint and then added fun foam Spiderman-style eyes, spider sequins and little circular buttons. I did find that the poster paint flaked off - particularly on the body, which was made from a plastic tub - so we added a second coat, this time mixing the poster paint with a little PVA glue. The paint stayed on a lot better after that.

I’ve now got a basket full of old cereal boxes, loo rolls and plastic tubs in the playroom so that we can do more crafts together like this in future!